Wednesday 9 September 2009

New Stuff - Calypso



I absolutely love the 4 tracks on their myspace, it's 4 more white boys with guitars from New York but don't be put off by that as they are great tunes.

There is a bit of Wreckless Eric Whole Wide World (That vids got Ian Dury on drums) and a bit Lou Reed too, but with his fantastic drawl of a voice it's brilliant. I should warn you it's addictive after two plays and it'll be stuck in your head.


I tried to buy the one EP release 'Teen Age' but it's restricted to the US at the moment so I've ripped these until I can actually buy it. I'm going to take the links down within a week too as they could probably do with the cash at this stage.



Now I'm not playing next big thing but.....

I know most of you don't have space in your life for new stuff,make an exception and give this a listen...honest its really good.


I'd also be interested to know what any lurkers think who read but don't comment, someone needs to balance out the cynical old gits on here

1 comment:

  1. Ok that's just me that likes them. I'm happy with that. I can't believe Rich didn't like them

    ReplyDelete