Sunday 27 December 2009

An Eclectic Mix of Nonsense 2009 45-31




This year was the year after I binned football and two years after i binned tabs, the only relevance in any of this is that I've almost binned indie boy guitar bands in 2009. After the last couple of years really enjoying dance bands at festivals it was inevitable that I'd sway in that direction. I think the bigger surprise is the inclusion of quite so much Indie folk and borderline Americana. I blame Andy, the end of the road and the blogosphere and maybe the bands for writing damn good tunes.

And so my list in 3 parts and reverse order.

45. Sparrow and the Workshop - The Last Chance

44. Kasabian - Fast Fuse

43. Apteka - Traitors

42. Akira the Don ft Littles and Lickel P - Walking in My Shoes

41. One Hundred Hurricanes - Snake

40. The King Blues - The Schemers, the Scroungers and the rats

39. My Gold Mask - Bette David Eyes

38. The Big Pink - Velvet

37. Franz Ferdinand - No you Girls

36. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Come Saturday

35. Echo and the Bunnymen - Do you know who I am?

34. British Sea Power - Spearing the Sunfish

33. Mumford and Sons - White Blank Page

32. Rachel Unjust - Blue Bleezin Blind Drunk

31. Bombay Bicycle Club - What If

Ok so there's a lot of white boys with guitar stuff in that 15 but it will diminish. Triple disc sets available in the new year to anyone who promises to listen all the way through. ie Not Craig


No comments:

Post a Comment